DST September Newsletter Out!

3 Sep

Zooming right onto my blog porch to deliver the news!

The September edition of the Digishoptalk newsletter is out! My friend Kel, who is the newest editor-in-chief of the newsletter, came out with a super-fabulous issue of Firsts! I love the look of the newsletter, love the editorial piece of Kel, love the theme, love the inside look at designers’ first kits redone… in fact, I don’t think I’ve enjoyed a DST newsletter as much as I have this one! AWESOME job, kel!

Oh, and here’s a little whispered tidbit: I have a little article there too, if you’re interested in reading it. 😆 The newsletter is free, but you have to be registered at DST (also free)… if you are one of the few who aren’t yet registered, go run and get yourself counted among the minions! 😆
Here’s a screenshot of the first page of my … uh, rather lengthy but (I hope 😛 ) inspiration-filled… article on Recording Firsts:

First Love Article

DigiShopTalk September Newsletter: First Love Article

And with great apologies for putting this up here a bit late (was totally consumed by working on the Type+Writer course, so my memory bank went pffft for a little while), here’s the freebie with items I created especially for layout that I made for the DST article:

LivEdesigns First Love - DST September Newsletter Freebie

LivEdesigns First Love - DST September Newsletter Freebie

Click on the image to download.

Thank you for the love you leave in my blog as you download! I love reading your comments, and am always grateful that you take the time to leave some warm fuzzies.

One little thing I wanted to point out: please note that the papers in the preview are not included in the freebie download (because in the article I had written that I would release as freebies some of the stuff that I created in making my layout that appeared in the newsletter, and I did not use these papers on my layout). BUT I will be putting these papers–and MORE– as free downloads within the next day or two, so if you want them, be sure to come back and grab them! 😀
All right, my workload is calling my name once again, so it’s back to the saltmines for me! I hope to see you soon again!

Huge hugs to you, my sweeties!

32 Responses to “DST September Newsletter Out!”

1. michiganhill Saturday, 28 February 2009 at 12:56 am #

These look so fun can’t wait to use them. THANKS!

2. Margaret Friday, 19 September 2008 at 7:03 am #

Thanks for the goodies!

3. Felicia Saturday, 6 September 2008 at 10:07 pm #

Liv, I was doing my Saturday morning blog hoppin’ and landed on these beautiful creations. Thank you, thank you, my friend, for sharing your talent so generously! And LOVE the blog makeover!!

4. Anke Saturday, 6 September 2008 at 9:41 pm #

You are such a sweetie! Thanks so much for all your work, I can’t wait to see what Monday will bring!

5. Jana Saturday, 6 September 2008 at 9:21 pm #

How cool is this Liv?!!!! TFS your talents & gifts with us. Can’t wait to start the class! Have a great weekend!
    (((HUGS)))

6. Faft Friday, 5 September 2008 at 11:08 pm #

Thank you very much !

7. Michele Friday, 5 September 2008 at 10:03 pm #

Your FIRSTS article is great! At first I thought it was going to be the same as other similar articles and lists of firsts I’ve read, but you suggested some new creative ideas. You’ve inspired me, and I’m keeping the article. Thanks!

8. LivE Friday, 5 September 2008 at 2:03 pm #

@ RoseAddict –
    Thanks for knowing that I certainly didn’t mean to insult anyone… and thanks for the correction! Thankfully, one of the definitions of minion is “one who is highly esteemed or favored; a darling” (see http://www.thefreedictionary.com/minion), although I do realize that by common usage, it has taken on a pejorative connotation. (yelp! sorry about that!) So I truly appreciate that you know that I love ya! 😀

9. Suz Friday, 5 September 2008 at 10:13 am #

Just a little SHOUT out…to say thanks for this awesome share!! I gave you some..♥"Link Love"♥..here if you want to check it out. I gotta tell ya…I love showing off your stuff! Stay the sweetest…I’ll be stalking you!! hee,hee:)
    Suz

10. RoseAddict Friday, 5 September 2008 at 10:05 am #

I cracked up when I read Heather’s “saltine” comment, especially since I was already puzzling over what you meant to say when you wrote “go run and get yourself counted among the minions,” (a contemptuous term,) since I KNOW it was not your intention to insult us, lol! Millions? Mignons, perhaps?

Thank you so much for the great stamps and overlays!

11. Stacey Towers Friday, 5 September 2008 at 3:24 am #

thank you so much!!!!!!!

12. Fe McB Thursday, 4 September 2008 at 12:29 pm #

thanks for sharing this, it’s great!

13. Joanie Thursday, 4 September 2008 at 11:45 am #

Thanks so much for more fun freebies! I can hardly wait to read your article! See you next week at type+writer… very hyped about this!

14. CJCurley Thursday, 4 September 2008 at 11:16 am #

Ohh. Thanks. Check out freebies 4U @ http://digiscrapzzutah.blogspot.com/

15. Meg Thursday, 4 September 2008 at 11:15 am #

Liv – thank you!! Can’t wait to use the awesome overlays. Looking forward to Type+Writer class! Thanks for all the awesomeness you share – Love ya! Meg

16. Marie/Mer Thursday, 4 September 2008 at 9:44 am #

I love the freebie, Liv, and the article was great. Not too long at all.

Looking really forward to Monday for the Typewriter class. I feel really lucky to be able to take this class from you. Oh, the opportunities we’ve been given by Jessica.

See you Monday!

17. SandraC Thursday, 4 September 2008 at 6:26 am #

Thanks for the freebie, they are gorgeous, TFS!
    psstt…gonna add you to my Google Reader, I think you are a great inspiration and so I can keep up with you 🙂

18. Sara Thursday, 4 September 2008 at 6:19 am #

Great article! I loved it! Thanks for the freebies!

19. Terri Thursday, 4 September 2008 at 5:57 am #

DEEEEELightful little Freebie, Liv! I love the overlays! One of these days, you’ll have to teach me even just a little of how you do it!

Can’t wait to read your article. I’m saving it for the plane ride to Mexico!

20. Teresa Thursday, 4 September 2008 at 4:21 am #

Thanks Liv these are awesome. Can’t wait till Monday for Type + Writer class.

21. Elnora Thursday, 4 September 2008 at 4:21 am #

Wow! you have been busy! Thanks for the wonderful overlays. Hope your class goes great. I’ll take it eventually, but there’s too much on my plate right now.

22. HeatherK Thursday, 4 September 2008 at 2:02 am #

Awesome! I can’t wait to play with the overlays! On first reading, I thought you said, back to the *saltines* ….and was wondering what kind of work that involved! 😉

23. Bekah_E Thursday, 4 September 2008 at 12:15 am #

Thank you so much! 🙂

24. Terebene Thursday, 4 September 2008 at 12:10 am #

Thanks for the great overlays and stamps. I haven’t had a chance to read my newsletter yet (something about searching out a bunch of pictures and other prework for some class I am taking next week!) but I have my newsletter downloaded and I am going to get to it today. You’re awesome, as always!

25. Kelleigh Wednesday, 3 September 2008 at 11:15 pm #

Wonderful, Liv!! I’m SUPER excited for your class to start, too! I’ve already done some of my pre-work!!

26. Brooke - in Oregon Wednesday, 3 September 2008 at 10:21 pm #

These are fabulous, thanks so much for sharing them!

27. D Min Wednesday, 3 September 2008 at 10:03 pm #

Thank you so much for this lovely freebie. This inspires me to get to work on recording some “firsts”. Much appreciated.

28. Chrystal Wednesday, 3 September 2008 at 9:48 pm #

Thanks, Liv! You know I love your work! Can’t wait for Type+Writer to start on Monday… I wasn’t planning on signing up (not a very good writer), but decided to join at the last minute.

PS. Love the new blog look!

29. Jeanann Wednesday, 3 September 2008 at 9:36 pm #

Thank you for the overlays. I can’t wait to use them!

30. latz Wednesday, 3 September 2008 at 7:02 pm #

Wow–you’ve been a busy girl–getting ready for class, updating your blog and now this awesome freebie! Thank you for all you do! It is appreciated. See you in class on Monday! I can’t wait!

31. michelenz Wednesday, 3 September 2008 at 6:45 pm #

Thanks Liv – I love the freebie.
    Looking forward to your Type + Writer class – counting the days!!

32. bl Wednesday, 3 September 2008 at 3:31 pm #

Thanks so much for the freebie. Looking forward to reading the article!