Whattaguy.

27 Mar

I love surprises. I love it when yet again there is proof, both visible and audible, of the wisdom in this truth: We must go beyond the surface and seek the beauty that is within. And I love it when that truth is proven in such an unexpectedly stunning way.

Hang on a sec, if you’ll just indulge me just a wee bit, I feel the need to gush some more: I especially love it when the underdog rises above a hurtful past and manages to come out so wonderful, not despite but perhaps even because.  I love it that someone who has every reason to be proud of himself chooses instead to remain refreshingly humble. I love that in the moment of victory he remains magnanimous, and doesn’t forget the friend who has journeyed along with him.

Such deep lessons from a seemingly simple video.

And whattaguy, seriously.

Check it out:

PS. Clicking above will lead you directly to the video on Youtube since the video doesn’t permit embedding in blogs. Sorry about that. But it’s worth watching, I promise you. 🙂

11 Responses to “Whattaguy.”

1. Jana Holden Friday, 6 April 2012 at 10:32 am #

I think he stunned everyone with his awesome voice! Hard to believe he’s so young!

• LivE Friday, 6 April 2012 at 5:23 pm #

i know, right? thanks for passing by my porch, honey! ❤

2. xilll Friday, 30 March 2012 at 12:59 am #

very emotional voices!

• LivE Friday, 30 March 2012 at 1:47 pm #

they do communicate a depth of feeling, don’t they? thanks for passing by and leaving a comment – i do so love hearing from others! 🙂

• xilll Friday, 30 March 2012 at 3:18 pm #

Yes They do. You are welcome!

3. Cee Neuner Wednesday, 28 March 2012 at 11:14 pm #

WOW!!! He is awesome and the duo is wonderful!!!

• LivE Friday, 30 March 2012 at 1:47 pm #

i’m glad you think so too! thank you for passing by, cee! hope you’re having a lovely day!

4. firstandfabulous Wednesday, 28 March 2012 at 7:16 am #

I agree with Michael. Simply put, but oh yeah.

• LivE Wednesday, 28 March 2012 at 8:42 am #

you took the words right outta my mouth, gemma 😉 thanks for visiting and leaving love – i do so enjoy having you come around! 🙂

5. Michael Fishman Wednesday, 28 March 2012 at 4:58 am #

“We come on here as a duo, we’re gonna stay on here as a duo.”

Goosebumpy.

• LivE Wednesday, 28 March 2012 at 8:41 am #

totally agree! and that voice, and that humility… his parents should be so proud of him! (LOL now that makes me sound all parent-y, doesn’t it? haha!) – thanks for taking the time to check it out and for letting me know your thoughts, michael! it’s always a pleasure to have you visit. 🙂