Yes, Yep and Yeah!

25 Mar

Wouldn’t it be great if every day every single thing went exactly the way we wished it to, with bright sunshine and happy flowers and smiles on the faces of everyone we happen to pass by on our way? If there were no more fighting, no more wars, no more killing and no more suffering? (And while we’re at it, no more traffic too? heehee).

But then life’s not always like that. Not every day is perfect. Sometimes it doesn’t just rain, it pours. Sometimes no matter how we try our best to control the variables, things don’t go exactly the way we planned. Sometimes even the best intentions fail.

But you know what? It’s okay. It’s fine. That’s life, after all. This is Planet Earth, not Heaven, and struggles and obstacles and setbacks are part of what gives us the strength, the will, even the ammunition to get to that final destination. That is, as long as we hold on to that great don’t-leave-home-without-it essential, Hope.

Yup, that wonderful thing that keeps us going even when the going gets tough. That thing that pushes us back on our feet after we’ve slipped and fallen the 53rd time. That thing that puts a smile on our face, determination in our heart, and a spring in our step.

Methinks it’s really all in the attitude, and if there’s one thing that life has taught me, it’s that the attitude that wins is one that overflows with optimism even in the face of defeat. Kind of like being able to  peer beyond the lightning and thunder and know that there’s a rainbow that lies behind. Kind of like choosing to laugh instead of weep. Kind of like electing to say Yes, yep and yeah instead of No, no way, never again, ever.

Because it is a choice, isn’t it?

As always and in all things, we have a choice. We can throw our hands up in despair, moan groan and wail, gnash our teeth and bang our heads on the table. Or we can smile, dust off the backseat of our pants, and start walking again along the path, grateful for whatever lessons that baptism of fire might have handed us.

I ‘m guessing we all know which choice leads to the path of happiness. 😉

Which brings me to my interpretation of THROUGH, which is the latest WordPress Photo of the Week challenge theme:

(And speaking of the best viewpoints through which to view life, I’m pretty certain there’s a silent—if coincidental—message written between the lines in the image above. After all, that “peephole” in the image above happens to be the back of a chair found in the Happiest Place on Earth 😉 ).

Positivity. It’s a great attitude to have, isn’t it?

Suede agrees:

And so, as the Irish blessing goes:

May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that’s always blue.
And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.

And may the birds sing for you today, too, my dear darling friends!

15 Responses to “Yes, Yep and Yeah!”

1. sandraconner Tuesday, 17 April 2012 at 10:02 pm #

I enjoyed this article so much, and it is so true! Your comment about falling “53 times” reminded me of a powerful comment I heard that was made by one of the leaders in the martial arts field. He said you can fall seven times, but if you get up eight times, life begins as of NOW.

The Lord bless you today!

• LivE Thursday, 19 April 2012 at 9:41 am #

thank you very much for your kind words, sandra, and for taking the time to sift through my post. it is very heartwarming 🙂 i hope blessings are showered upon you a hundredfold too!

2. Iyo Macalino Tuesday, 27 March 2012 at 11:19 am #

I read this with a smile on my face and in my heart. Yes, it’s that attitude that gets me through the day. But it helps a lot too that there’s a tree outside my bedroom window and the birds literally sing for me everyday 🙂 Nice one, Liv!

• LivE Tuesday, 27 March 2012 at 1:57 pm #

oh lucky you, iyo, to have birds singing by your window everyday! thanks so much for visiting and for your kind words; i look forward to having you visit again 🙂 hope all is great with you! (((hugs)))

3. Michael Fishman Monday, 26 March 2012 at 2:35 am #

Such a good essay I had to read it twice! Such true words and while I’m far from perfect myself, I often wonder what might happen to the world if a lot of us could just be positive and feel happy for a month or so.

• LivE Tuesday, 27 March 2012 at 1:55 pm #

ohmygosh, thank you so much! your kind words fill me with gratitude, michael. i wish you loads of happiness today and for the rest of the month 😉 and beyond too! 🙂

4. firstandfabulous Sunday, 25 March 2012 at 9:55 pm #

The words bring tears to my eyes. The precious boy, a smile to my face. You really came ‘through’ on this one. Video? 🙂 Positively perfect.

• LivE Tuesday, 27 March 2012 at 1:43 pm #

thank you so much, gemma, you are such a sweet friend and so inspiring too. (((hugs)))

5. jenkakio Sunday, 25 March 2012 at 4:20 am #

I love that photo!!! Your interpretation of “through” is much better than mines. It makes me wonder what he is thinking…LOL

• LivE Sunday, 25 March 2012 at 9:17 am #

thank you, jen! he was probably thinking “i’d really love to get my hands on those mickey mouse pancakes” LOL!

• jenkakio Sunday, 25 March 2012 at 9:30 am #

LOL. Ahh, I love the simple child’s mind.

6. cobbies69 Sunday, 25 March 2012 at 12:45 am #

Some days, here it bright sunshine in March, I am blogging, what more could I ask for.. oh yeah! yess!! lovely post and take on theme.. well done..;)

• LivE Sunday, 25 March 2012 at 9:05 am #

thank you very much, gerry! it is a lovely thing to find happiness in the most ordinary things indeed! i enjoyed seeing your lovely take on the challenge too 🙂

• cobbies69 Sunday, 25 March 2012 at 3:32 pm #

Appreciate your comment too, thank you so muchh..;)