Freebie Fun!

21 May

Just a quick one, as I’ve been through a whirlwind 2 weeks of real life and digi life and everything in between…

Just wanted to leave a quick gift for everyone who passes by my porch (and there’s iced tea and cookies and freshly brewed coffee too over here too! 😀 ).

Thank you for all the prayers and all the kind words that you’ve left in my comments. Your friendship is so precious to me, your words such a balm. You are totally awesome. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I am about 7 layouts delayed… 4 for our April challenges (was too busy wrapping up the previous run of the Up&Running course, and then attending to our Digi: In Deep course that followed on its heels 🙂 ) and 3 layouts for the templates that I created for our Digi: In Deep creative challenges.

I hit two birds with one stone by combining this week’s Spraground Weekly Challenge-Designer Spotlight with my template-layout requirement (yay!) plus I got to restore and scrap with old photos. So yay, this was a great case of getting many things on my to-do list checked at one go! 🙂

The designer we spotlighted on our Spraground this week was Anna Aspnes from DesignerDigitals, who–like every single designer in that fab shoppe–has the most amazing work and best of all, they are ultra-generous with their freebies! This past Sunday she gave out the most WONDERFUL plume freebies! So that’s what we played with for our challenge!

Here’s what I made:

DIDIt-03 Template

CREDITS:

LivEdesigns DIDIt-03 Template; Anna Aspnes – DD 18MayFreebie Plumes; MeredithFenwick-AfternoonSerenadePapers ; GrungyBabyPapers; WarmHeartAlpha; DawnWilson-BlackFridayTab;
Fonts: BeautifulES; BabelSans; Times&Times; subway photo from statravel.co.nw; AtomicCupcake & Wow actions

And here’s the template that I used:

It comes with the drop shadows to make the three blocks look dimensional (but you can always disable the shadows), and you can use it either as a 3-photo template with journaling spaces; or a 6-photo template.

Hope you find some use for it! You can snag the template HERE, and thanks for the love you leave on my blog as you download it!

Well, gotta rush back to the one million one things I need to attend to.

Oh, and PS. Just a little request for prayers:

1. for my dear, precious friend Lisa who has just lost her husband and best friend (we are all grieving with her and we keep her in our thoughts and prayers, and would love to have you join us in lifting our prayers to Heaven); and

2. for my special intentions (which have to do with V-day… will let you know all about that soon!)

Thank you so much in advance, and do visit again soon!

(((((((((hugs)))))))))

22 Responses to “Freebie Fun!”

1. Chris Friday, 27 June 2008 at 8:52 pm #

Know you from Jessica’s. Just visited your blog. I’m impressed, your writing is beautiful.
    Chris

2. NanaJeanne Sunday, 8 June 2008 at 10:52 am #

Liv,
    Thanks a bunch for this template! I plan to use it for some of my Italy photos.
    Can’t wait to meet you in Chicago!!!

3. grambie Thursday, 5 June 2008 at 6:19 am #

So nice to visit you and to read a little about you and your digital scrapping experiences. So much fun to see your templates and then the final layout that reveals the diversity of your designs knowing that it can be turned or flipped to suit the situation. Hopefully, I can meet you one day the same way you met Jessica. Thanks for the template. I scrap portrait or landscape, so a little adjustment will happened of course for size. HUGS!!!

4. JenaRN Wednesday, 4 June 2008 at 10:24 pm #

Thanks so much!

5. Carol Dillon Thursday, 29 May 2008 at 4:14 pm #

Thanks for the template Liv. I can’t believe how far behind I am catching up with people and seeing all these wonderful freebies.

6. Cindy Saturday, 24 May 2008 at 9:52 am #

Thank you – it is a great template. I even have some London photos waiting for a reason to scrap.

7. Jennifer Saturday, 24 May 2008 at 5:00 am #

I love this template – thanks!!

8. Vera Saturday, 24 May 2008 at 2:36 am #

Thank you and hugs!

9. Anke Saturday, 24 May 2008 at 1:51 am #

Liv, thanks again for this great template, your LO was awesome. I really love how you arranged the title!!! I am so jealous that the other girls are going to meat you in person! Wish I could be there too but it’s not to be. So I just have to send you hugs from far away!

10. Janet Friday, 23 May 2008 at 11:22 pm #

Fantastic template. Thank you.

11. Shelley Friday, 23 May 2008 at 10:33 pm #

Thank you so much for this awesome template!

12. No Reimer Reason Friday, 23 May 2008 at 3:07 pm #

Thank you for this template. I love it!

13. kopperhead Friday, 23 May 2008 at 10:33 am #

Thank you for the wonderful template. I am very choosey when I use a template, and love the symmetrics of this one.

14. Sharon Friday, 23 May 2008 at 10:18 am #

I love this template! Thank you for sharing it.

15. shell Friday, 23 May 2008 at 9:54 am #

have been away from this porch too long!!! SOOOOO sorry about your router troubles and all the stress lately….nothing quite like a cleansing wash of tears. wish i could give you a big hug!!!! Hope all went well with visa….hugs…shell

16. Jeanann Friday, 23 May 2008 at 8:26 am #

Thank you so much for the awesome template!

17. latz Friday, 23 May 2008 at 12:06 am #

thanks for the template and I just read about the great V-news on the spraground! Can’t wait to meet you and the family in Chicago next month–give you lots of hugs in person!

18. Angelica Thursday, 22 May 2008 at 9:28 pm #

Thank you so much for the great template, love your layout:)

19. Becky Thursday, 22 May 2008 at 2:10 pm #

Busy as usual! Thanks for the great freebie and so glad you are getting some connection. Hoping you get good news soon in your quest for your visa as well!

20. Deb P. Thursday, 22 May 2008 at 12:03 pm #

AWESOME!!! and the template is pretty cool too! I love seeing photos of you. Keep ’em coming.

Thanks so much for the template. I love templates. Now if I can just find the time to actually do something with them.

Have I told you recently that I love you? No, well my bad!!!! I need to make sure I tell you at least once a day!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU my dearest bestest sistah!!!!

21. Cheri Thursday, 22 May 2008 at 11:02 am #

Yummy tea and cookies:) And a huge thank you for the great template! Love your London page.

22. Linda W Thursday, 22 May 2008 at 7:08 am #

Thanks for the tea and cookies and, as always, your generous, generous spirit! 🙂