Groping in the Glare

8 Jan

Just a quick note, my sweeties, to say… I have not abandoned my porch swing… remember my last post? Well…

I just had Lasik eye surgery yesterday (on a spur of the moment, jump in with two feet and don’t look back–crazy, I know). I can’t see very well now, there’s quite a lot of glare, but just wanted to let you know that the reason I haven’t posted lately is not by choice. hahaha! (so please forgive any typos as I’m struggling here. 😀 )

I went in to inquire and do the pre-operation procedures–my younger brother was having his operation that day, so I went with him to do my inquiries. Turns out that the top Lasik surgeon in the country, whom I requested, was available right there and then to do my surgery that same day. So of course I took the plunge. I inquired at 11AM, started the pre-op procedures at 12, and by 5:30 I was walking out of the clinic with these clear lab shades (like the protective goggles you use when you do experiments), holding on to my niece’s arm like a blind person. 😀

So anyway, I won’t stay long now as I have to squint to see my monitor, but I’ll be back soon, I promise! (I have to complete my LOAD for Day 8… don’t know how I’m going to grope my way through this, but I’ll do what I can! 😆 )

(((((hugs)))))

7 Responses to “Groping in the Glare”

1. Angela Wednesday, 9 January 2008 at 3:37 am #

Liv, Recover fast! It was very reassuring for me today to see this, because I’m bringing one of my sons to have this done next Tuesday. And since I KNOW how wise you are, I feel much better about this. . .

2. Lindsan Tuesday, 8 January 2008 at 10:51 pm #

OMG! That was quick!

3. latz Tuesday, 8 January 2008 at 9:50 pm #

Prayers for a quick healing!

4. Deb P Tuesday, 8 January 2008 at 2:52 pm #

Wow GF!!! What a major decision! I’m so paranoid!! I just don’t know if I could jump in with both feet. I fear I was sink!!! Even though I know a lot of people (my DD for one) that are swimming along just fine after having the surgery. But my luck … I’m sink like an anvil! I hope everything goes just perfectly with your recovery. How wonderful to have 20-year-old eyes again. Love ya!!!!

5. Ljonezy Tuesday, 8 January 2008 at 1:18 pm #

Glad you jumped in and got it done. I had mine done in 1999 and it was the best decision I made. My dh and I both had it done at the same time. I figured if we were going to be blind, might as well do it together! Give it a couple of days and just see how amazing it is to be able to see!! Be sure to keep the goggles on as long as they tell you to. I know it’s a fashion statement. Get pics!

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

6. Laurie Tuesday, 8 January 2008 at 12:26 pm #

You big, big freaker! I can’t believe after all of your uneasiness about the whole thing that you just decided on a whim to do it. LOL! that is why I love you! I was wondering where you were. Hope everything is back to normal, or I mean better than normal, soon!! Love ya!

7. Carol Dillon Tuesday, 8 January 2008 at 10:54 am #

HI Liv, hope everything went well with the surgery and your eyes heal quickly.
    Hugs