24 Hours After…

8 Jan

and doing good. The eyes, I mean. There’s a bit of dryness, a fair amount of glare, but other than that, it’s amazing to be able to see without the glasses perched on my nose. Also a bit strange, after 34 years of wearing glasses, to suddenly not have those lenses in front of your eyes. I’m a bit afraid that I’m going to reach out to push up the glasses on the bridge of my nose (watch anyone wearing glasses for a certain period of time and you’re bound to see that almost-kneejerk habit)… except this time, I won’t have any, and I’ll end up scratching the tip of my nose just to provide some alibi for why my hand is hovering in that area in the first place.

😆

I went in today for my first post-op checkup. The verdict? 20-20 vision in the left eye, 20-15 in the right eye. (Yeah! Better than perfect!) I’m adjusting a bit due to the difference in grade, and I’m told it should stabilize, as should the glare, in about a month’s time. Yeah! So it is a bit of an effort to do work on the compy (and a bit more of a greater effort to read anything)… bless my hubby for his insight in getting me a widescreen monitor last year, not that he had any idea I’d up and get an operation within an hour of inquiring about it. 😆

So anyway, I was playing around on youtube, rewarding myself with some mindless playtime because I finally finished that article I needed to write for a big magazine (’twas so hard to trim down what I wrote as the subjects of the article were such rich material, I wanted to write down every little detail! 😀 ). And here’s what I found!

I like the melody of this song, I love Dr. McDreamy (Laurie and Tori, you hear me? 😆 ), and best of all, when I saw the beginning part of this video, I said to myself, “hey! that’s exactly how everything looked to me right after the Lasik operation!” (That view lasted the entire evening, by the way; that’s why I slept off what was left of the day and retired waaaaay earlier than my 4AM bedtime).

Oh and here’s another something I came across quite by accident, and I thought it was really really amusing. And amazing. Watch the entire thing, and see if you can guess which song it is. I’ll be pretty impressed if you guess it right before you get to the middle. 😉

Okay, I’ll be back with more in a little bit!

11 Responses to “24 Hours After…”

1. SusanD Thursday, 10 January 2008 at 12:04 am #

Glad you are doing well!

Your MIL is stunning, gorgeous! I would never be able to come close to guessing her age!

2. Jackie Wednesday, 9 January 2008 at 11:59 am #

Cool..now you can see me 😉 glad all went well….and hurray that the article is done.

3. Dewnie Wednesday, 9 January 2008 at 10:17 am #

Liv….wow…when you do something you do it!! Be well and will “see” you at the playground!!

4. Deb P. Wednesday, 9 January 2008 at 5:34 am #

Keep right on healing girlie! Doesn’t surprise me a bit that you are better than perfect! I already knew that! Mwah!!!! Love ya!

5. Nancy O Wednesday, 9 January 2008 at 4:19 am #

Wow, the mental picture of you putting your finger up your nose trying to adjust glasses that aren’t there anymore had me ROFL!
    Glad everything was successful, but please, please rest those eyes. The computer will always be there.

6. Veevs Wednesday, 9 January 2008 at 2:48 am #

Right ok the last time I chatted with you you were only going for an appointment, and now I read you went and did it!!! Wooooohoooooo woman!!! Well done you!! Blooming marvelous! I sent you an email coz was wondering where you were and know I know lol! Take it easy and rest up! I’ve started enquiring for my eyes (different type of laser than yours) so may take the plunge too! mmmmwwwaahhh!!!

7. Ljonezy Wednesday, 9 January 2008 at 2:44 am #

Glad you can see so well! Incredible isn’t it? Make sure you wear sunglasses outside all the time. That’s a must. And an excuse to buy really cool ones too!

8. Laurie Wednesday, 9 January 2008 at 2:01 am #

Better than perfect? Just like Liv! I am glad to hear things went so well. I love that second video! That was so cool! And the whole McDreamy thing? SHHHHH! Zip it! LOL!

9. Joan Wednesday, 9 January 2008 at 12:06 am #

Liv, you are to funny. Thats how I usually do things too. Once you get the bug you want it done. Anyway, you are going to love it. Give it time to clear and it will. Everyone has a different experience so don’t listen to people when they say they saw perfectly in a week. It took my eyes about a month to clear. You are going to love it. I have never regretted the decision. You go girl.

10. Chrystal Tuesday, 8 January 2008 at 11:35 pm #

Liv… glad to *see* it all went well!! I’ve been wondering about that surgery myself…

Anyway, thought you might want to know that I used your word art in a LO I did a while back, and just posted it on my blog. You can check it out if you like… danandchrystal.blogspot.com

Thanks for all your freebies! They ROCK!

11. dawns Tuesday, 8 January 2008 at 11:23 pm #

Liv…very glad to hear your surgery turned out so well. I wear contacts/glasses & can’t imagine what it would be like to open your eyes in the morning and be able to “see”. Did you tell your Dr. that if he didn’t do the procedure perfectly that a plane full of crazy women would descend on him with no mercy???