Shooting the Blues

19 May

Blue happens to be my favorite color (robin’s egg blue that leans more towards blue than green, to be exact, but I pretty much like all the shades of blue). Perhaps that’s why I’ve never associated blue with sadness. I mean, I can shoot the blues but I can’t sing them. 😉

And so I did. Shoot the blues, that is. At the San Francisco’s Pier 39. And it was just what I needed for the WordPress Photo of the Week Challenge with the theme Blue. (Betcha you guessed that immediately, right?)

So here we go with the last of my backlogged photo challenges: BLUE, for you!

{Click on the image for a larger view}

For the record: I think this was the first time I actually saw this kind of silvery-blue fish. Pretty awesome really, those creatures.

Mason Cooley wrote,

The sheen of ocean gleams on the blue fish-plate.

And so it does, doesn’t it?

Now if, like me, seeing all that beautifully glistening blue makes you imagine the b-l-i-s-s of floating peacefully along, gently rocked by the ocean’s rolling waves, then I’m guessing you’ll love how Enya’s Caribbean Blue brings you perfectly to that place of cool, calm comfort:

All this blue around has made me curious: What is blue to you? Does it bring to mind something extraordinary and uncommon (Blue Moon)? Someone beloved (Blue Eyes)? Love (Mr. Blue)? The wonder of the heavens above and oceans beneath (I see skies are blue, red roses too…)? Sadness (Singing the Blues) or happiness (Blue skies, nothing but blue skies…)?

I personally think blue is cool. But then, you knew that from the first sentence of this post, right? heehee.

Hope today turns out to be cool for you, both literally and figuratively, my dear friends!

8 Responses to “Shooting the Blues”

1. firstandfabulous Sunday, 20 May 2012 at 9:30 am #

Love the phish photo and your phabulous conglomeration of ‘blues’. Now it’s me who’s behind the times. I don’t know the first thing about typing ‘in Liv-ing color’ 😦 Blue words. Ugh! I want them!

• LivE Sunday, 20 May 2012 at 1:39 pm #

thanks so much, gemma! did the *school* of fish mean something to you too? 😉 (must be the teachers in us, eh? heehee).

2. ailsapm Saturday, 19 May 2012 at 3:09 pm #

Wow, those blue fish are too cool for school! And you can’t beat a bit of Enya 🙂

• LivE Saturday, 19 May 2012 at 3:46 pm #

thanks, ailsa! loved your whole collection on BLUE too! (and enya: yes. indeed. :D)

• ailsapm Saturday, 19 May 2012 at 3:54 pm #

Thanks, LivE, hope you join in the summer photo challenge if you have time! xoxo Ailsa

• LivE Saturday, 19 May 2012 at 3:59 pm #

i’m looking forward to it! 😀

• ailsapm Saturday, 19 May 2012 at 4:00 pm #

Yaay!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Weekly Photo Challenge: “Blue” « Just another wake-up call - Saturday, 19 May 2012

[…] Shooting the Blues « liv.e simply […]